REWINDER EARTHING SYSTEM (RES)
Rewinder Earthing System for external floating roof tanks is an effective and virtually maintenance free electrical grounding system specifically designed for subduing sustained arcs during lightning storms. The unit is bolted to the highest point of the tank and the tinned copper braided cable is bolted to a point on the floating roof – it extends and retracts as the floating roof travels up and down.
- Permanent contact between the tank roof and the tank shell
- The length of grounding cable varies with the position of the floating roof giving the lowest possible impedance/resistance to safely discharge lighting currents
- The sealed unit is made from stainless steel and can be fitted with the tank in service
- Weather proof sturdy construction suitable for most environments
- Can be installed and maintained with the tank in service